I used to struggle with cooking hard-boiled eggs. The yolk was either grey or runny. Finally. FINALLY, a breakthrough.
Here is how I get the perfect egg every time:
1. Place your eggs in the bottom of an empty pot. You want them side by side so they don’t bang around and crack, but not so tight that they can’t cook.
2. Fill your pot with cold water until the eggs are just covered.
3. Bring the water to a rolling boil.
4. Remove from the heat and cover.
5. Let the eggs sit covered for 10 minutes.
I like to fill the pot with ice once the eggs are done and let it all cool before peeling the eggs.
As a bonus, I want to share my favorite egg salad recipe. *snort* by that I mean, what I add to my egg salad.
I love eating it as a sandwich or as shown above. My sister and I shared recipes today and hers had lots of crunchy veggies, which a lot of people love. I am just not one of them.
Are you an egg salad lover or hater? Do you like yours with veggies or without?